Tuesday, March 2, 2010

b is for books


I am running through the tropical rainforest, now I am shopping on 5th avenue New York, New York. Books can open up a whole new world to you from, fiction to non fiction, romance to horror, people say that they would rather watch movies because its real life. But movies can never explain and have nearly as much detail as a book. "Books are the juice of the mind" ~Anonymous. As anonymous has pointed out you can think better after you read books. It refreshes my mind and makes us open up to whole different world that no one new existed. 

One of my favorite books are the Huger Games and Catching Fire. "The sheer fabric softly glows. I give the illusion of wearing candlelight." is a passage from the hunger games. This is after Katniss wins the games and is put in a beautiful glowing dress. This book is one of my favorites because it is what America is like in the future. It is a horrible place were there are 12 districts and a Capitol, a long time ago in the book there was an uprising in what the country is called Panem. The Capitol and the districts killed and fought viciously, but the capitol won the war and made up the hunger games. Were 24 children are put into an arena and forced to kill each other. The last person standing wins. This book shows me what could happen in the future and how horrible things could become. This book explains so much I could always get bright vivid pictures in my head.

Another one of my favorite things about books is it can take you on adventures. Small passages can make your mind open up and really see a picture in your head. Here is an example, "As she laid down on the soft sand Lucy looked up at the sky. It was painted with beautiful colors, Rosy pinks, fiery reds, canary yellows, cantalope oranges, and shimmering golds. The water crept up and licked her toes, the cold felt nice. She closed her eyes finally feeling at bliss in this cold, hard world, and willing herself to take one last breath. This passage made me feel at bliss even thought that girl was ding she saw one last sunset before her last breath.

I love books and read them way to much, when i was in New Zealand for 3 weeks I read 9 books. Whenever I go to sleep I have to read at least a little bit of a book or else I can't fall asleep. But usually on those night I get lost in my books. I look at the time and it says 9:30 so I think just read until 10:00 I look at the clock after reading and its 10:49!? I always lose track of time while reading. I guess i'm just a readaholic! 


Life Lesson: Don't judge a Book by its cover!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers