Tuesday, April 27, 2010

S is for Seasons



Seasons is everywhere, its what makes the world turn into a perfect white blanket, to a beautiful flower meadow. Without the seasons the world would just be a boring sphere that never changes. The four seasons, winter, spring, summer, and autumn, are all different in every way.

Winter
I rush outside into the perfect white world, my precious skates in my hand. The frigid cold air surrounds my body as I pull my coat tighter around myself. I fall back into the snow and a mountain of snowflakes fly up around me. I sigh as I take in the engaging seen around me, the usually jade green Pine trees are now covered in a frosty white blanket, the snowflakes that are falling are beautiful, so delicate and perfect, each one different, a masterpiece! A golden beam of sun hits the snow around me and makes it glitter like a thousand diamonds. Wow I really do live in a Winter Wonderland! I slip on the supple leather of my skates, soon enough I am gliding along a smooth perfect pond. I feel like I am flying with the wind in my hair, not afraid to fall. I pick up speed and jump into my perfect triple lutz. When I land something happens, my ankle gives way and a scorching pain fills my throbbing ankle. I scream in pain and land with a SMACK! on the freezing, and hard ice. It feels like someone set fire to my ankle from the unbelievable pain coursing through it. My vision blurs from my tears turning everything around me into a gigantic blob. That is when I black out........
I fall in and out of consiencness as I try to make sense of my surroundings. Finally I see a bright orange flame in my fireplace, I look around and that I am wrapped in a soft blanket, my leg is extremely bandaged. My mom comes in and explains to me about what happened on our pond, that I sprained my ankle, and that I can't skate for three weeks. Then she hands me a cup of her Belgium hot chocolate. I take a recharging sip and feel the rich, creamy, and warm chocolate run down my throat.
A couple weeks later.
I am at the top of a huge ski hill, the chilly wind whispering through my ears. My ski's are on as I take a look down at the horrifyingly high ski hill. I can feel myself hyperventilating, The snow seems to be extremely slippery at the moment and my ski boots little too tight, suddenly my body is freezing. I can't go back now, I take one last look down the terrifying hill take one last deep breath, my lungs fill with freezing air. And I push off with my ski poles, Wow I feel alive! I am going so fast and turning so gently on the soft snow. I suddenly feel rejuvenated as I pick up more speed. Suddenly my amazing journey ends just as quickly as it had begun. I am at the bottom of the ski hill now and I take off for the chairlift so I can do that refreshing run again. I wonder what I was so scared of!

Winter is always cold but their is so much to do! I love winter for many reasons that I just stated, stay informed for my next blog Spring in the Seasons Series!

LIFE LESSON: Winter is amazing, cold, pearl white and perfect!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers